Oxycontin and Oxycodone
There are several different types of pain that affect people in different ways. Medicines that work for you may not be effective for someone else. So, for this reason, several different types of drugs are used to mitigate pain. In this, oxycodone is one type of opioid pain medication. It comes in the form of an immediate-release shape and an extended-release form. Its immediate-release form is available as a generic drug. On the other hand, the extended-release form is available as a brand drug Oxycontin. This blog will help you understand the difference between these two drugs and how they work.
What is the difference between oxycodone and oxycontin?
- Oxycontin and oxycodone are names for different medical formulations of the same opioid medications. They essentially have the same substances.
- Oxycodone is the opioid drug that is the main ingredient in several pain drugs, including Oxycontin.
- Oxycontin is the extended-release version of oxycodone. It slowly released into the body. So you do not need to take it as often.
- The terms Oxycodone and Oxycontin are used interchangeably as they have the same substance with a minor difference.
- Both oxycodone and oxycontin work by binding the specific receptors in the brain that are referred to as opioid receptors.
- If you take these drugs repeatedly, they can increase dopamine levels associated with feelings of satisfaction. So there is a risk of physical abuse and dependence on these drugs.
- Are you wondering how to get an oxycontin prescription? You can contact us on our website. We here offer you hassle-free drug prescriptions at cheap rates.
Is oxycodone or oxycontin better?
- It totally depends on which type of pain your healthcare provider wants to use the medications for. Both oxycodone and oxycontin can reduce pain, anxiety, and stress.
- Your health care professional may recommend you extended-release Oxycontin for severe pain that requires effect to last up to 24 hours.
- They may prescribe the immediate form of oxycodone to patients suffering from moderate to severe acute or chronic pain.
- Your healthcare professional may use oxycodone with a combination of other analgesics, such as oxycodone-acetaminophen and oxycodone-ibuprofen.
- Oxycodone is used instead of morphine. Combination drugs have additional pain relief or anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Buyyour medicine as we are offering the facility of c.o.d on oxycontin. So, stop waiting and order your medicines now.
What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a potent opioid pain-relieving drug, sometimes also called a narcotic. It helps to mitigate moderate to severe pain. The extended form of this drug is used for around-the-clock treatment of pain that does not respond to other medicines. You should not use it on an as-needed basis for pain. It should be used only on those patients who are tolerant to opioid medications because they have taken opioid drugs for at least one week.
Oxycodone is also available in combination with acetaminophen such as Oxycet, Percocet, others. People usually buy oxycodone online to treat chronic pain or pain due to cancer.
Oxycontin: an overview of the product
Oxycontin is a brand drug of the extended-release form of oxycodone. There are other versions of the same medications. The immediate-form oxycodone and Oxycontin belong to the class of drugs that works similarly and are used to treat similar conditions. A potent prescription drug is used when an opioid drug is needed to relieve severe pain that requires around-the-clock treatment with an opioid. People buy oxycontin online only when other opioid medications, such as non-opioid pain medicine, do not respond to the pain well. It is not used on an as-needed basis for pain or the pain that may fade away with time.
Supply of Oxycontin
- Oxycontin 10 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, white-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on one side and ten on the other)
- Oxycontin 15 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, gray-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on