Since 2019, the world has been severely affected by the outbreak of the Coronavirus (Covid-19). According to the World Health Organisation, there have been 157,973,438 positive cases of the virus globally, with 3,288,455 fatalities. It is an infectious disease that requires special treatment and precautions for recovery. Mild symptoms can be treated at home.
- Cough and runny nose
- Mild to moderate respiratory issues
- Severe headache
- Loss of smell and taste.
Though the virus is highly contagious, only a small percentage of cases require hospitalization. Around 80% of infected people have mild or asymptomatic Covid 19 infection. Home testing kits are available to determine if you have the virus. Mild symptoms can be treated at home with proper hygiene, precautions, and medications.
How Can I Treat Symptoms of Covid -19 at Home?
- Isolate yourself from others if only one person in the household is infected.
- Do not share personal items within the household.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Use separate dishes, glasses, and eating utensils and wash them properly with a dishwasher and hot soapy water. Disposable plates and glasses can also be used.
- Wear a triple layer mask to avoid transmission. The N95 mask is highly recommended.
- Change your mask after every eight hours or earlier if it gets soiled or wet. Discard the mask after disinfecting it with 1% Sodium Chloride.
- Take proper rest and drink plenty of fluids to maintain hydration in the body.
- Avoid alcohol as it can worsen liver damage.
Counter Medicine You Can Take at Home Treatment
- Painkillers: for viral infections, common cold and painkillers also work well like paracetamol OR Ibuprofen.
- Cough medicines or suppressants: if you suffer from a cough due to Coronavirus, then cough relievers may help reduce your cough and make you more comfortable.
How to Take Care of Family Members or Friends Who Are Infected With Covid -19?
- Help the sick person with their basic needs like cooking a nutritious meal and refilling their prescription and groceries.
- Help them follow the Covid guidelines and instructions of the doctor but from a distance avoid any contact.
- Monitor their condition from time to time and make sure they keep on taking frequent fluids to maintain hydration.
- Increase their motivation and don’t make them feel lonely. You can’t stay close but can support online. Talk and share with them. Don’t make them feel bored.
- Keep wearing a triple-layer mask if you are under the same roof as a Covid -19 patient. Keep the children or pets away from them and avoid any physical contact.
- Sanitize and wash your hands frequently.
- Connect with a doctor immediately if the symptoms worsen or oxygen level decreases. Also, if home treatment does not show any improvement in health.
Since 2019, the world has been severely affected by the outbreak of the Coronavirus (Covid-19). According to the World Health Organisation, there have been 157,973,